Screaming surreptitiously

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Letting out a silent scream surreptitiously. I feel so small, tiny, puny, minute, minuscule......If you google his name, he's top on the list, holding top position in an MNC. Shows what a high flyer he is. Recently blissfully married to an attractive babe, he used to be the one whom Mom would compare me to. More recently, I learnt that he bought a property at a luxurious precinct of Singapore . We used to "compete" academically though deep down I know he's in a totally different category. The brain just ticks in a different way. I guess my left brain isn't keeping up with his despite Mother's incessant naggings. Over the years, we've grown apart. Reminisce the days when we were in the car and yr mom would be testing you idioms or vocabulary every 5 minutes! Perhaps if mom were to adopt such teaching methods, I would have turned out differently. I would probably not be lamenting and dwelling in my own tiny world. But, there's only admiration and new-found respect for this relative! *salute* Though hardly any interaction, he is like a shining beacon in an unfathomable abyss of darkness.

As a guru once said: If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things. EASIER SAID THAN DONE! But indeed, little is needed to make a happy life; it's all within yourself, in your way of thinking. A happy life is one spent in learning (which I did as proven by the DISTINCTION i've attained this year....can't help being overly ecstatic abt it coz it's been a while since such productivity is displayed), earning (wish I can say more abt that, but unfortunately, the economic downturn has hit even me) and yearning (I'm yearning for more day by day!!!)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS