Review: Plushopedic Memory Fluff Pillow by SLEEPWIZ

Monday, March 9, 2020

Many people think that the mattress is the most important factor in getting good quality sleep. Well, it is. However, when it comes to sleep quality, the right pillow is just as important as your mattress.

I haven't been sleeping all that well ever since I got discharged. Things got slightly worse when I had to be confined to bed as much as possible. I couldn't do much but lay down. I didn't exactly lie flat and this gave me really bad headaches. The next few nights were intense due to the headaches and body aches. Then I realised! My pillow! I was using the higher and firmer ones which I had! You see, I have a total of 4 pillows on my bed. Two were my older ones while 2 new ones were gifted by the good people at SLEEPWIZ. I am a regular user of high and firm pillows. It didn't really occur to me that it was probably the cause of my neck aches and headaches. I didn't really bother whether my spine was going to be misaligned whilst using those pillows. I only wanted to sleep. But unknown to me, the misalignment was creeping on me. I have been having stiff necks and I simply attributed them to stress. Stress is inherent of course, but we can certainly relieve it a little with the right pillow. So back to my story about having massive headaches in the last couple of days whilst in bed. Realisation struck that I had the two pillows from SLEEPWIZ. I immediately switched to them and the next day, my headache was alleviated. Of course, you may say that it could be because I was less stressed or that the headaches naturally would go away. Well, I waited for three days and it didn't seem to diminish. I guess only time can tell if the pillow is the true reason behind it. But I believe it is a strong contributing factor.





Having the right pillow plays an important role in supporting our neck, shoulders, head, and spine. If your and neck and shoulders don't get sufficient support, it will put your spine and body out of alignment, leading to strain and discomfort. When used correctly, pillows will alleviate or prevent common forms of back and neck pain. We spend a lot of time with our pillows. I mean we do need at least 8 hours of sleep right? (Ok, probably I need less in my case). So imagine 8 hours on a pillow that is not right for you! The damage could be detrimental in the long run. 

There are several types of pillows in the market. Honestly, it confuses me when I go pillow shopping. They include:

- Feather pillows
- Down pillows
- Memory foam pillows
- Microbead pillows
- Buckwheat pillows

So which is the best pillow? 

According to Dr. Alissia Zenhausern, NMD physician at NMD Wellness of Scottsdale, as far as the best pillows for neck pain are concerned, he suggests "a more rounded pillow to help support the natural curvature of your spine," as well as pillows made of memory foam or feathers! There you have it! Memory foam! words from the expert adapted from an article from FORBES.

So there you go! The best type of pillow is made of memory foam. And that was exactly what SLEEPWIZ sent me! Their Plushopedic™ Memory Fluff Pillow is filled with an interlocking cross-cut memory fluff that conforms to your neck and shoulders, creating a buoyant and supportive experience cradling your head! Unlike conventional memory foam or classic pillows, the Plushopedic™ Memory Fluff Pillow feels soft and plush, just like a giant marshmallow as it absorbs your head like those pillows in the luxurious hotels! Moreover, the fillings can be easily shifted around by hand (in contrast to the traditional fixed memory foam), enabling you to fluff and re-fluff your pillows into your favourite shape, perfectly fitting your sleeping posture!




In all honesty, when it first came to me, it was all rolled up and flat. 


I was skeptical.

I thought to myself, how good can this flat thing be? I am used to high, rigid pillows. I opened it up and it fluffed up! It was still considerably flatter than my existing pillows and I was still not quite convinced. However, it was love at first sight for the hubby who has always loved his pillows a little lower. He can't comprehend me. When I think of memory foam pillows, the first thing which struck my mind was that it would be contoured, hard and ergonomic.


This Plushopedic™ Memory Fluff Pillow is nothing like that. It's fluffy! I decided to give it a try. I had a feel of its memory foam and it was little foam cubes packed in the pillow. really unlike the traditional ones which feel like it is one big piece of foam. The durable memory fluff is said to maintain volume and support for years and years, unlike the traditional fiber fillings. This pillow contains special memory fluff fillings which sink more in the center where your head rests, while remaining comfortably supportive under your neck where you need it. Some say that memory foam retains heat hence lead to discomfort. But I experienced none of that with Plushopedic™ Memory Fluff Pillow. Mind you, I was doing a mini confinement where I didn't have the fan blown at me. Can you imagine how terrible if the pillow were to be a heated one? Super -breathable Coolmax pillow protector allows airflow throughout the pillow, keeping you cool and fast asleep throughout the night. It is made with good ventilation and does not have that chemical smell which is emitted by products when they are brand new. 

While I still miss my rigid pillow, I do not want to endure the stiff necks that come along with it. I believe that in the long run, the Plushopedic™ Memory Fluff Pillow will do good for my spine. If you spend 7-8 hours a night in bed, that would be approximately more than 2500 hours a year! Hence having the right pillow is an investment! The husband's review of the pillow, needless to say, was good. He sleeps on a mattress on the floor at times (poor guy) and needs a soft pillow. This, to him, was a good in-between. Not too soft and neither was it too hard. As for me, I have been using it for close to a month and I haven't looked back. My headaches seemed to be kept at bay too. 








If you'd like to sleep well with SLEEPWIZ, hop over to https://pillows.sg/ to give it a try today! Psst, they are having a very good discount (50%!!!!) and free shipping within Singapore right now!

Disclaimer: All photos are property of www.themishmashmess.blogspot. Please seek permission before reposting and give due credit when doing so. We were given 2 pillows for the purpose of this review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own and written according to my experience in using the products.

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS