BFF: Best Father Forever!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

I've been swamped with stuff of late. With what? I can't quite point a finger to it. Been trying to organise my photos, but technology seems to hate me and the only time I can get close to the comp without distraction is when lil bub is asleep, which by then I'll be asleep too! Been trying to catch up with my drama serials too without distractions, but once again, that can only be done when lil bub is asleep. Been trying to catch up with my many posts I mean to blog and once again, that can only be done when lil bub is asleep! Been trying to catch up with the backlog of work, but each time i pick up my pen or books, lil K would want a piece of the action too, thus I have to do it after she sleeps. Been trying to catch up with the many readings which I've amassed over the months, but that seems impossible, coz by the time i do so, I'll fall asleep and once again, lil K wants a piece of the action and would snatch my book instead of reading her Dr Seus! That's a lot to do when lil bub is asleep and honestly, if i do them all, I won't have to sleep myself! Strangely, i shouldn't be all that busy given that I've taken a backseat for my work for the last month. But being a SAHM seems to render me breathless as well! Don't get me wrong. Having children is immensely rewarding but consuming and relentless and we sometimes get lost in Motherhood. Yup, i've still been trying to find time for MYSELF! It's been a tough 19months for me (not counting the pregnancy period when I was literally hugging the toilet bowl 24/7) and my adjustment to motherhood seems to pale in comparison to how effortlessly the hubs glided into the role of Dad. He takes everything in stride and ignores the lil bub when she wails and throws a tantrum. He can be oblivious when it's time for her nap and doze off to dreamland way before munchikins. He seems to always think that time and tide waits for him and things can always be done at the snap of the fingers. No need for planning. Don't get me wrong, he is a good Dad. Cleaning up the shit, doing all the menial chores at home and sacrificing his golf games/ tea sessions with his friends at times. These I appreciate. And today we celebrate. Actually, we shouldn't only be celebrating today. In fact, the hubs isn't a believer of such consumerist occasions. But still, the lil bub and I would like to give a big shoutout to the man who has been there for us in times of need. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Template from Amanda's Parties To Go



Today's Project: Q-Tip Painting

Lil k's favourite activity -- Dot Dot. but this time i replace it with stickers. Less messy!

My fingers may be small, but I can still wrap Daddy around them!



HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD! YOU ARE AWESOME! ~ fm lil K

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS