Tinged with Melancholy

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Weekend -- A time to look forward. Or not?

Somehow, this wkend is taking its turn. Had a great dinner with the Hubs and a great stay-home movie date. At the stroke of midnite, somehow, but the twist of fate, I logged on FB to realise it was ex-BFF's bday. Learnt from the various postings from her own pool of friends that life has moved on for her and now, she's in Maryland. Far far away from her hometown. Wonder how long it'd be. Updates? She never did. Not since she packed up and left for Australia years ago and left me in tears @ the airport. Literally. I've always found a spot in my heart to forgive her, yet things have changed. For the worse in fact. Deviation. The trigger was 3 yrs back, on the eve of my wedding. Too painful to recollect. Friends have urged me to let go and move on. Tried as I may, it hadn't been easy. It's a daunting and arduous task to be forgetting someone so dear to me, but so alienated. The straw came on the day she confessed that she had been lying to me about a certain matter. Shocking. Split personality perhaps? Whatever it is, I sincerely wish her well.


I hope we'll be friends forever, together we'll always be. I don't think you understand just how much you mean to me. And one day when we part our ways, we'll think back to the past and think about how happy we are 'cause our friendship will always last...I wish I can say that last statement confidently, but a tinge of sadness envelop my heart each time I think about the good times we had. A sad thing in life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and you just have to let go.

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS