Crazed Shopaholic

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The last few hours have been well spent. Slept at 3am, right after supper at 85, which rendered me insanely guilty! Guilt was overwhelming and I woke up at 830am to get ready for some marketing action. It's been a while since I've done a proper cookout thus, the impulse to do it tonight. A simple fare (i hope).

Before I hit the sack, sweetie and I did a mask together! Cousin-in-law brought back a carton of Birds Nest Mask for me from Shanghai! Told him to buy 2 boxes, but he ended up buying 6 becoz they were irrisistably cheap! Singapore sells 'em for 3 times the price! I'm so glad I discovered it in 2005 on my trip to Beijing!

Was done sorting out the raw stuff and marinating the meats by 10am and sat down for a good breakfast, Ya Kun Style. Sprawled through the wkend papers and then I did something which was not pragmatic and totally illogical. Being a crazed shopaholic, the recent BKK trip did not satisfy me. In fact, I fared worse than previous years, perhaps due to the recession. I'm not a savvy shopper and am alwyas making wrong and useless purchases. Saw the latest Heinekken ad and it struck a cord with me. In a way, I had my dreams come true. To have a walk-in closet with clothes neatly arranged according to colours and length and a shoe cabinet also arranged according to colours. I'm very anal about such things. However, my wardrobe is now laden with mistakes. Too many stuff that don't suit me and which I hardly or never wear!

Seems like it's time to either go on a diet, sell or give away clothes....very demoralising! Sigh.

After clearing a hill of items which I could no longer fit, I was frustrated and thought I needed more to replenish. Thus, the wkly online shopping began! In my lifetime, I must have covered the equivalent of several marathon miles in the physical and online malls I've trawled. A quick browse on a few blogshops which updated me left me gripped by infatuation. In my moment of weakness, I placed orders for 8 items. Each item averages about $25. So far, my purchases had been fairly small, nothing I couldn't explain away. but, the moment i hit the button, regrets in. Not regretting that this may be an item that will merely sit pretty in my wardrobe, but rather, guilty that it's not a good time to be self-indulging. It was only this morning that sweetie and I had a heated conversation on cutting down on expenses and that I should help out more financially since he is still in search of a job. It's not that I'm not helping, but I too, m plagued with many bills and bombs such as allowances for parents (which easily amounts to 50% more than all the expenses made for the house!) However sweetie insensitively commented that it was my business that I wanted to give that much to my parents! Sheez!

Anyway, back to the topic of being an online whore. Are the stuff I buy exorbitant? Definitely NOT! However, my burden of guilt grew and the remorse made me feel deflated, unhappy and definitely much poorer! It boggles my mind coz a moment ago, I was feeling rejuvenated and satisfied with my purchases. However, as the saying goes " Opportunity knocks only once but temptation leans on the doorbell and refuses to go away."....guess I have a legitimate reason for my purchase now! :-)

This is a random picture. Apparently, in conjunction with the school hols, the bird park is organising some "sleep with the penguins" event. Anyone game for it? Not me for sure!

PS: Stay tune for more updates on this evening's feast!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS