Far away land........

Friday, January 28, 2011

Nope, I have not disappeared into oblivion. Was just trying to deal with issues. Namely, money and time. Seeing more enthusiasm and effort on your part, the mood has been a tad lifted. Hearing the bitch's name however, threw me into the abyss of frustration once more. The mocking laughter is still ringing in my ears. I seriously don't know where's all this leading. Each time I make a small achievement at being mindful, something has to creep in once more. Attempts to reintegrate, all rejected. I wonder how issit that the adolescents are able to maintain their lovey dovey posts.

Have been busying myself with heaps. After a host of catch ups and a wedding, it was time to set things straight at work. Have confirmed the new deal and am waiting in anticipation to embark on the new project (which i'll probably reveal when the time is right). Hope things will work out! For now, job proper can only start after Chinese New Year. Hope I'm still able to catch the peak and it will not be effort down the drain! Schedule wise, things were seemingly settled...that was all until yesterday! DANG! the menacing cloud, bringing a malicious news loomed above. I hope everyone corporates and stop giving me headaches! It's times like these when you really feel like throwing in the towel. Work aside, chores have been keeping me...or rather, US, on our toes. Been trying to clear things bit by bit since December! THANK goodness I started early! I wouldn't have managed with the insane timings I'm keeping and the amazing mountain of chores to clear albeit religiously keeping the house neat and tidy. Pictures below will manifest my thoughts:

A great breakfast (for Him) to start last Sunday right! Need all the energy for the great cleanout!

The amount of things to do is simply overwhelming at times, thus, I put my knowledge to practise and created a mindmap for the new year! haha

At a glance

Cleaned this couple of months back with a ruler! The inventor is simply a genius! There seems to be no way for this gadget to be dismantled and clean. The motor itself is attached to the back of each "circle"! Even by force, we could not open up the cover.

Despite the above complaints, I managed to get it from this (above).........

To THIS! (above)

With the help of THESE! (Above). Nooo they are not skeletons in case you are thinking otherwise...they are COTTONBUDS! i painstakingly cleaned each crevice using the bud! you can't imagine the insanity! Thank goodness there was KENNY G in the background to calm my nervy condition.

After 4 yrs, this bulb is finally retiring. Sweetie seems to be in the mood for bulb shopping these days....

The interior of the kitchen light. How those stuff got in there (it's covered with no gaps), i seriously m in a blur.

I've been neglecting a certain someone. We go back a long way. Presenting Mr B, my bf! Can't recall the last time I gave him a good scrub. Mostly, I'd just take a cloth to give him a quick rub. This year however, I decided to be good. Thus from lackluster, he turned to..........

TADA! This! his former glory has been reinstated! Look how handsome he is! :)

was very hesitant about the above initially. But I knew i had to face the music eventually.

Reluctantly, the shelves were emptied one by one and cleaned. Yet another insane project. The good thing which came out of it all was that I threw away 5 pairs and gave away at least 6 :) An excuse to stock up again? :)


In its full glory!

Could not believe how much I've achieved that day. After the arduous chores, I even had some energy left to conquer my fried nian gao! The plain nian gao has been sitting pretty in my fridge since the beginning of the year. It is said that these can be kept for months (the last I read was 6 mths though) in the fridge and the longer you keep, the more luck there is. Well, desperate times call for desperate measures! Though the underlying reason was because I absolutely forgotten that I had such an item in my fridge! Thankfully, we are both fine after eating :) The end result wasn't as expected. Effort in cutting was huge! (IT"S HARD to cut when first taken out..then upon steaming, it's difficult to take out because it starts to sick! URGH)

It's really quite invigorating to be doing the chores and I'm looking forward to this wkend when I have to clear the last lot! It's therapeutic in my opinion when you see yourself achieving so much albeit small or big feats. Have to press on the turbo button!

Feverishly pursuing the light of illusions
Seeking salvation
Falling into a whirling vortex of
Darkness, Desperation, Desolation and Despondency

Trying to find my way out of the Maze of Life
Trying o find the reason of my existence

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS